Thursday, June 11, 2015

Welcome to The Biblio-Files!

"You can never get  a cup of tea large enough or a book long enough to suit me." -C.S. Lewis 
Hello, hello, and hello again! My name is Shannon, and I am the creator of The Biblio-Files. I am a 16 going on 17 year old student (Sound of Music reference anyone?) currently hailing from southeastern Michigan. This is the first proper blog I have created (although I have one or two failed attempts, oops) and I have always had a passion for writing so I am surprised it has taken me this long to start my own blog!

Ever since I begged my mom to teach me how to read as a little girl, I have constantly had my nose stuck in a book (something that has caused me to distractedly walk into a few walls over the years). In real life I am quite an introverted person, so I am hoping this blog will be an outlet for things I would never dare to say in person, as well as helping to bring me out of my shell a bit. There is no specific genre of books that this blog will focus on, as I have extremely eclectic tastes when it comes to books, however if there is something in particular you would like me to talk about feel free to get in touch with me because I love being recommended new, interesting books!
Here are some little bits and bobs about me, just in case you were wondering. :)

-I am a full-time high school student, although I do my school work online so I have quite a flexible schedule.

-My favorite subjects are English (which is probably obvious) and history.

-In my free time I like to draw, watch old movies, write letters, play the piano, go on bike rides, explore new places, and, of course, read!

-I am a first degree black belt in Choi Kwang Do, and am currently working towards earning my second degree black belt.

-My absolute favorite book of all time is Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen. It is the first true classic I read back in 5th grade and I have a slightly unhealthy obsession with Mr. Darcy (especially when played by Colin Firth, *swoon*).

I think that's about all you need to know for now! I hope you enjoy my subsequent ramblings about books from this point on. :)



No comments:

Post a Comment